As Ethical Anglers:
- We do not spill or dump gasoline, oil or other pollutants on land or into the water.
- When fishing we never leave trash behind, including worn or discarded line, old hooks and bait.
- We leave our fishing site as clean or cleaner than we found it.
- We report environmental damage and pollution to the relevant authorities.
- When boating or anchoring, we take care to avoid damaging sensitive areas.
- We do our best to prevent the spread of exotic plants and animals.
- We never use as live bait fish that do not normally reside in the waters we are fishing, nor do we introduce exotic species that may survive and reproduce into fishing waters.
- We use only legal tackle, attend to our gear and value our catch.
- We keep no more fish than needed for consumption and legally allowed and we never wastefully discard fish that are retained.
- We practice conservation and use proper release methods for fish not retained.
- We use tackle and techniques that avoid the capture of, or minimize the harm to unwanted fish or fish prohibited from retention.
- We learn and comply with all angling regulations.
- We report any illegal fishing activities we observe to the proper authorities.
- We treat other anglers, boaters and other people we might meet in the field with courtesy and respect.
- We obtain permission from landowners and never trespass on private lands or waters.
- We respect the space of other anglers when fishing from the shore or in a boat and give room to all anglers playing a fish.
- We observe all operator and safety regulations.
- We watch our speed and our wake and keep a safe distance from shore based anglers, jetties and other boats.
- We educate fellow anglers, especially new participants about fishing ethics.
- We promote ethical behavior in the use of aquatic resources through education and example.
- We maintain and promote public awareness and understanding of the issues surrounding responsible fishing.
- We promote public awareness of the measures taken by anglers to conserve the resources and protect the environment.
* People under 18 should seek parental permission to join NVAAC. Members under 18 must have a parent or legal guardian in attendance at club events for the duration of your time at an event. No Drop offs allowed.
* We take the "Be Polite" rule very seriously. We do not tolerate any rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive on the NVAAC website or during any event may be immediately banned.
All posts and messages are subject to review. All members may submit any message that they feel violates policy to an administrator. Administrators will review the issue.
* If you SPAM our members in any manner, your account will be disabled.
* Your account is yours alone. You are responsible for any activity created with it.
You may not share your account login with anyone.
If you choose to ignore this important restriction your account, and any accounts associated with it, will be disabled.
* Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled.
* Any messages that discriminate toward others including but not limited to ones age, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation will be deleted and the account disabled.
* Public posts debating these rules and/or moderators' enforcement of such, will be removed without comment. We encourage feedback however and invite you to private messages to any site admin.