Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Ride 115X demo

gplundberg
took a cheesy video of the kayak. Sorry it is shit in weird angles I had to use my phone for it. Here is the link for it http://youtu.be/vPhd8SgdKxU
--

FishBrain: GrantL-NVAAC "Desperate times call for desperate measures."

March 25, 2015 at 7:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jim G

Nice video. I'm looking into getting a new kayak, and I want one that I can stand on. My question for you - do you think you will be able to comfortably fish while standing, without worrying about balancing/tipping over?

March 28, 2015 at 10:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Andrew
Site Owner
Would something like this non slip grip stuff help? I ask because where you are placing your feet looks wet and slippery. 3M 4 in. x 5 yds. Step and Ladder Tread Tape http://m.homedepot.com/p/3M-4-in-x-5-yds-Step-and-Ladder-Tread-Tape-7636NA/100211722/
--

NVAAC 2013 Champion.

Find me on the free Fishbrain app ! In the app, under anglers, Search for - "Andrew-VA"

March 29, 2015 at 9:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gplundberg

Jim G at March 28, 2015 at 10:52 AM

Nice video. I'm looking into getting a new kayak, and I want one that I can stand on. My question for you - do you think you will be able to comfortably fish while standing, without worrying about balancing/tipping over?

It's exactly as stable as a stand up paddleboard and I had I problem casting off of it
--

April 1, 2015 at 9:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gplundberg

Andrew at March 29, 2015 at 9:17 AM

Would something like this non slip grip stuff help? I ask because where you are placing your feet looks wet and slippery. 3M 4 in. x 5 yds. Step and Ladder Tread Tape http://m.homedepot.com/p/3M-4-in-x-5-yds-Step-and-Ladder-Tread-Tape-7636NA/100211722/

I was thinking about that at one point but after about 5 minutes I figured out how to keep a good hold keeping my heel in the scupper hole But it could be a good project in the future to keep in mind
--

April 1, 2015 at 9:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Robert
Administrator

Nice Yak!

--

April 1, 2015 at 10:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jim G

gplundberg at April 1, 2015 at 9:05 AM

It's exactly as stable as a stand up paddleboard and I had I problem casting off of it

Just wanted to confirm because of the typo - was it easy or difficult to cast off of? I've never been on a paddleboard, but they look quite sturdy from what I can tell.

April 2, 2015 at 11:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gplundberg

Jim G at April 2, 2015 at 11:16 PM

gplundberg at April 1, 2015 at 9:05 AM

Just wanted to confirm because of the typo - was it easy or difficult to cast off of? I've never been on a paddleboard, but they look quite sturdy from what I can tell.

Sorry for the typo I meant it was very easy to cast off of. There is really nothing else I could compare it to but it is very stable
April 4, 2015 at 8:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gplundberg

Robert at April 1, 2015 at 10:29 AM

Nice Yak!

Thank you!
April 4, 2015 at 8:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.